National Wreaths Across America Day
Saturday, December 16, 2017
Volunteers can get involved at any of the 1,200+ participating locations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and national cemeteries on foreign soil. Join over 1,000,000 volunteers nationwide in placing a wreath on a veteran’s grave. Invite your family and friends to an experience you will never forget, as we take a break from the hustle and bustle of the holiday season to honor our service men and women and their families. For a complete list of participating locations, visit: WreathsAcrossAmerica.org
After several public demonstrations about how to make a wreath and why it has become a symbol for our veterans, their service, and sacrifice, Morrill Worcester (Founder of WreathsAcrossAmerica.org) created this video explanation. To learn more about the organization or give your own gift of appreciation visit http://wreathsacrossamerica.org
How can I get involved?
There are a number of ways for volunteers to get involved. Please keep in mind that there is NO COST to attend or participate in a Wreaths Across America event.
• National Wreaths Across America Day
• Escort of wreaths to Arlington National Cemetery (or any of the other locations featuring wreath escorts)
• Statehouse ceremony – in nearly all 50 states and at our nation’s capital
• HART ceremony (Honoring Allies and Remembering Together)
• “Thanks-A-Million” card program to thank our veterans and active military members
• WAA education program – work with our downloadable materials in your local schools
You can also volunteer to have another location in your state participate in the national remembrance ceremony or you can start or work with a local group to raise funds for the wreaths for your local ceremony or for Arlington.
For more information about this year’s events, to sign up to be a volunteer or to sponsor a wreath, please visit www.wreathsacrossamerica.org.
WAA Media Contact:
Amber Caron with Industrium
O: (207) 773-0700, ext. 235
C: (207) 513-6457