The Mexican–American War was an armed conflict between the United States of America and the United Mexican States from 1846 to 1848. It followed the U.S. annexation of Texas in 1845, which Mexico considered part of its territory in spite of its secession in the 1836 Texas Revolution.
The Mexican–American War Time Period: April 25, 1846 – February 3, 1848 (1 year, 9 months, 1 week and 1 day)
The Mexican–American War Locations: Texas, New Mexico, California; Northern, Central, and Eastern Mexico; Mexico City.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $8.14Was: $16.95
Price: $28.13Was: $39.95
Price: $9.56Was: $11.95
The Mexican–American War’s American Casualties and losses:
1,733 killed in battle
13,283 total dead
The Mexican American War’s Patriotic Societies and Veteran’s Service Organizations
Aztec Club of 1847 Military Society of the Mexican War
Army & Air Force Mutual Aid Association
Descendants of Mexican War Veterans
Mexican–American War Battle Map
A Mexican-American War Overview Map generated by the United States Military Academy is certainly a qualified map for Map of the Week. This map illustrates the vast territorial expansion of the United States because of the Mexican-American War. Mexico lost half of its land as a result of the Mexican-American War! Not only did the war change the map of the United States, it changed the diplomatic relations of the United States and Mexico.
Mexican–American War Memorial
Located in foyer of the Texas State Capitol, Austin, Texas. Bronze plaque erected 1910 by National Society of Colonial Dames in the State of Texas. “In Memory of the Officers of the United States Army Who Fell in the War with Mexico”
This large bronze tablet contains the names of 141 officers, volunteer and regular, who fell in combat during the 1846-1848 War with Mexico. It is located on the left-hand side of the south entrance foyer of the Texas State Capitol Building (above, left) Marble letters inset in the floor immediately below the plaque recall the Battle of Palo Alto.
There is no national monument in Washington, D.C.